Wednesday, June 22, 2011

T-minus 2 days and counting

Lol... I guess it's like a launch..?? Anyways, still no baby.
I had my appointment today. She said everything is the same. I told her that I've been looking up natural labor inducers and bouncing on an exercise ball. She laughed. In fact, I'm bouncing on it now, as I type. So talented.. I've read a lot that the bouncing probably won't induce, but a friend from church said that after taking evening primrose and bouncing, she had one of her babies. So, my midwife (who doesn't seem very herbally and natural minded) and I discussed several differnt herbs. She said she personally tried black and blue cohosh and it gave her contractions close enough to put her into the hospital, and then they brok her water, and she delivered 38 minutes later. Hmm.. sounds tempting. She did say, though, that she would never do it again because the taste was so bad. Is it worth it? I guess it depends how desperate I get. I'll probably wait until at least tomorrow. I went to Lori's after my appointment, and bought the two tinctures. I'll have to read up on how much to take and how often. I think it said I can take it in juice. That doesn't sound as bad. My midwife said she held her nose, then used Listerine before she uplugged her nose... that's how bad it tasted. :)
I did, however, have a cantraction this morning. At it wasn't a whimpy Braxton Hicks thing. About quarter after 4 this morning there was a loud crash of lightning. I jumped out of my skin, Andrew jumped because I did, and Brownie flew out of the room. It was a loud crash. lol. I guess it scared the baby, too, because he wanted out. We waited, and no other contractions. So, no exciting news yet..

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I hope you have your baby soon!