Thursday, June 2, 2011

36 weeks, 6 days (almost 37 weeks)

Sorry there is no picture still. I'm becoming too lazy. :) Today all my students are up in Alexandria Bay having a field trip to Boldt Castle. If I wasn't so big, and about to pop, and had to use the rest room every 10 minutes, I might have wanted to go. They all earned the trip from a contest they had in the early spring. I actually worked hard for it, too. My reward is the day off. :)
Today we also had the internet and cable installed. It's basic cable, so we only get a few channels. If we got more than that I'd feel like I HAD to watch tv all the time to justify paying for it. We got a good price, and now I can update my blog from home.
The boy's room is almost finished. All we need to do is put his crib together. We have it, but the hardware is missing. Andrew's going to call with the model number to see if he can get the parts for it. Anyways, his room is really neat. It doesn't look like a baby's room at all, but more like a fishing cabin.
He is moving around all the time and sometimes it feels like he is trying to stretch out... ouch. I've decided he can come any time now. :) At first I wanted him to wait until after school, but I'm sure the kids won't miss me :) Today would be an especially good day since the only other thing I have to do today is clean the house.. it can wait. :)
I'm in the process of knitting a blanket for him. Yes, knitting. I know I don't knit. I'm using a loom. I know it's cheating. :) He already has a couple of handmade blankets, but I still wanted to make him one from myself. It's made from like super bulky weight yarn, so it's really thick.
I have one more baby shower, this Saturday. It's at my house, and it's for my dad's side of the family. After that, I get to go baby shopping for the things that I need but don't yet have. I love baby shopping. Actually, first Andrew wants to wait until Gananda days to see if we can get anything cheaper. Normally I would be all for that, but I'm too excited and anxious! So, we'll see. He'll probably get his wish because I sill have one more week of school, so I'll be busy.
Alright, I'm bringing this to a close. Mostly because my battery started yelling at me to plug in, so I am sitting very uncomfortably on the laundry room floor so my computer didn't shut down on me. It's the only available outlet. :) So, if I can get up, I think I'm ready to finish cleaning.. unless the boy decides to come sometime soon... I won't get my hopes up though.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

that's really cool that you are knitting a blanket for you baby. I knitted one for my baby nephew Eli. The loom is a lot easier than the needles.