Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet Potato

Now doesn't that sound yummy?! That's how big the baby is this week. Well, to be a little more precise it's about 5 1/2 inches... because the sweet potatoes I bought seem to be almost twice that size. So when I first read that, my eyes probably popped out of my head. :) Mmmm... speaking of food, I'm going to try to re-make last night's dinner. I made homemade alfredo sauce, but messed it up. (I added a wrong ingredient.) All day today though, I've been craving the real thing. I can't wait to go cook! lol (How often do you hear of someone saying that?) I'm hungry at the moment, okay?

Anyways, more about the baby:
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.
-Copied from my weekly email.

My ultrasound is next Thursday! Actually I think I'm more scared than excited. All I can think about is that 32 ounces I'm supposed to hold for an hour. Sounnds painful and uncomfortable to me. So hopefully after that - if I make it through - we'll know if we have a boy or a girl!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

When I went for my ultrasound with Katelyn I had to wait over an hour in the waiting room. It was so awful I think my eyes were swimming. Before the ultrasound, she had pity on me and told me I could empty my bladder. "What do you mean, I can EMPTY my bladder." I was SUFFERING in that waiting room and I didn't need to because she could do whatever she had to do while my bladder was empty.

With my next two pregnancies I didn't start drinking the water until the drive there. No way was I going through that again. I am NOT telling you to not follow the instructions (double negative, I know), but I'm just telling you what I did.