Monday, January 3, 2011

Doctor Appointment

So I got to leave school early today! That was exciting alone, just by itself! I had decided to pack a light lunch that couldn't possibly hold me over for even a half hour - a salad. :) I did that so I'd have an excuse to stop at Burger King as I passed through Macedon :) :) I had a coupon for a free Whopper anyways, so I had a good reason. I wan't hungry enough to stop, though! I couldn't believe my stomach. I was even trying to think hungry thoughts to generate hunger, but it wouldn't work.. So, I passed by and waved.

My appointment was full of fun (NOT) things. Well, there was one fun thing. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! I haven't felt the baby move yet, but while we were listening, we heard the baby move! That is so fascinating that something can be moving around so much inside your body and you don't even feel it.

The stupidest, and most unwanted part of the appointment was blood test stuff. I knew it was coming sooner or later. I am not a needle person. I do not like to be poked. I could watch someone on tv get decapitated without flinching, but watching somebody on tv get a shot or some other kind of needle thing grosses me out. I know, I am a strange person.

So after the torture of seven thingies of blood I treated myself to a little shopping- Christmas Tree Shop. It was wonderful! I haven't been there in a while, but I managed to find a few things. When I pulled out of the store, I accidently went the wrong way. Ha. But I found another store to visit since I was passing that way anyways, BJ's. I had received a free trial membership that expires at the end of this month. I I stocked up on toilet paper (lifetime supply, lol), some lunch stuff for Andrew, and a book that interested me as I walked by the table - a cookbook of course. (I had found my hunger somewhere back at Christmas Tree Shop.)

Then, I figured out what direction I was supposed to turn out of the parking lot and kept my eyes peeled for a Burger King. Figures that it would be the very last on the way out of a town that seemingly had every fast food place imaginable. I was about to give up hope. lol.

So I have two more appointments scheduled. My ultrasound appointent is in three weeks, and another regular appointent is a few days after. That's all my news for now. The doctor said she didn't think it was twins, though. (That was Andrew's wish)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Loved hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It's incredible.

(Actually, I think we heard David give a good kick, before we could hear the heartbeat. He's always been a bit of a pain. :) )