Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Which way to the toy store, Ma?"


So we went to the endocrinologist today at Strong. I do not like going to the city, especially if I am the one who has to drive. So I took 441 the whole way because I don't like the big fast roads. Then I had to park in the parking garage. Once I got in there I realized I've never driven in one before. So I started going slow because the ceilings were very low and i felt like I was going to hit the roof of the truck. I was taking my sweet old time, then I realized I had about 5 cars behind me! So I quit my lolly-gaggin. Then I let someone pull out because they looked like they had a good spot. Then I realized it was handicapped. :) Oopps. So I just decided I'd go all the way to the top, no more stopping so I wouldn't start anyone with road rage. It was such a nice day to park on the top, too. Logan was getting cranky, and we were running early, so I nursed him in the truck. Then I stood him up and he was ready to drive! He was having a blast. Talking and laughing, holding on to the steering wheel.
So we finally went in to see the doctor and they measured him all up. He thinks Logan is perfectly normal and will just be a lanky boy. So praise the Lord! Everything's okay!

So then on the way home I figured I didn't need to use my GPS because it was straight the whole way. Then do you believe it, there was some kind of big accident on 441 and I had to turn around and take a detour! All I know about Penfield is how to get to Wegmans. So somehow I dind't get lost.

Logan is getting around so good lately! he was standing by the couch, playing with Brownie (who was on the couch, by the way) and he must've forgotten that he needs to hold on, becuase BOOM. He hit his head on the floor. Poor babay. I ususally try to get him not to cry when he falls, but this one sounded like it hurt. So, we went for a walk to the mailbox. We came back in, and his walker was right by the couch. He walked along the couch to his walker! (Such a big boy) and then walked his walker a little ways, then BOOM. Hit his head on the walker. So... he's sitting and playing. lol.

P.S. I just saw the accident on the news and it was described as "wild." A car hit a house, and caused a pole to fall over and hit another car. Something like that.

P.S.S Just in case I can somehow get into trouble... When Logan was standing at the steering wheel the truck was parked, and turned off. :)

3 comments:

♥ Amy said...

Ha! One of the first times I parked in a parking garage was when I took Sarah up to Rochester General for her first eye appt. at about 12 mos. old. Your mom went with me because I wasn't sure how to get there. I had our old big blue 12-passenger van and it literally scraped as we went under each cement thingy. I was petrified. I always make sure to drive a little car whenever I go there now. :)
So glad to hear that your little man is just fine. I kinda knew that, but it's still nice to hear it from the pros. ;)
He sure is getting around well. It's so fun, isn't it?

Rebekah said...

Cute Pic. Mon. Night at MP, I was walking Logan a tad and he kept walking on his pants.:) to cute!

Gabi said...

Mrs. Senecal- hehe... yes, when I told my mom about my adventure today she told me about you driving your van. :)