Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trip to the park


So it looks like we're going to have to get a swing. :) Maybe a slide, too. Logan LOVED them both! He smiled the whole time on the swing, and for anyone who's spent time with him, you know it's not easy to get a smile from him. The slide was so much fun he squealed several times on the way down. Julie, Audrianna, Timmy, and Grandma Young invited us. First we saw all the animals at Lollipop farm, then headed to the park.
Logan's got new shoes, too. Yesterday we went and bought 3 pairs. One sneakers, and 2 sandals. Otherwise, the park trip wouldn't have been as much fun for me. They're real, har-bottom shoes. So cute! He didn't take a nap all morning. So I thought this would be perfect. One long nap in the middle of the day. Like normal kids. :)
Yesterday Amy came over and I was feeling creative. We made strawberry shortcakes and rice pudding. I gave Logan a strawberry shortcake during dinner and he LOVED it! He just tore that biscuit apart and made the biggest mess! It was funny when he noticed the strawberries, because he ate them all, then went back to playing with his biscuit. I even added some reddi-whip. He liked that. :) I've never made rice pudding before, but Andrew said it turned out good. I've only had it once, and don't remember it. Tastes plain and boring to me, but I add lots of cinnamon and sugar to my bowl. :) Maybe I'll let Logan try some when he gets up.

1 comment:

♥elisabeth joy♥ said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! He was walking so well Wednesday. I know Caleb was walking at 8 months.. but I just don't remember him being so little and walking! It's so weird seeing this miniature person walking around. lol Those shoes really helped too.