Thursday, July 21, 2011

Who Knew?



- getting up for 10 AM Sunday School would be "getting up early"?
- that I would actually enjoy finally getting around to cleaning the bathroom?
- finally finding time to make the bed at almost 2 PM wouldn't be that unusual?
- that after a 1:30 AM feeding, I can feel totally refreshed when I wake up to crying again at 6:30 AM?
- such a cute little boy could shoot out poop across the room if there's no diaper in the way to catch it!?
- you actually CAN forget to eat?
- it's possible to grow out of a newborn size in two weeks?
- you cold become so attatched to someone you've only known for even a few minutes?


- I could get from the auditorium to the nursery so fast after the preacher says, "Amen"?
- I could be so consious of how clean one's hands are when asking to touch my baby?
- I could be such a careful driver?
- I'd actually allow visitors to come into my house while it's messy?
- There'd still be a newspaper from three weeks ago on my coffee table, untouched?
- that four loads of laundry would finally get folded after days of sitting right outside the dryer?
- I'd be in the mood for a yummy dinner, get out a cookbook, before I get to open it, go to tend to my baby, and three days later wonder how the cookbook got on the coffee table, and off it's shelf?
- someone almost 20 times smaller than me could burp 20 times louder than me?
- finally opening the curtains at 2 PM would be an improvement?
- someone could be so cute??


- in three weeks, I'd make dinner only three times, and feel like I've accomplished something great?
- a pacifier would be my new best friend?
- you could ruin your day if you forget the diaper bag?
- I would look forward to the next spare 10 minutes I find so I can paint my toenails?
- playing the piano again would be so much more enjoyable?
- a little face could be kissed so many times?
- I could jump up so fast at every little noise?
- I'd actually NOT feel like leaving the house?
- you could just stare at someone so long and not get bored?
- I'd still have my spring catalogs out when July is almost over?




- a baby could be sound asleep in your arms, but by the time you lower them one foot to lay them down, they're wide awake?
- dishes could pile up so fast?
- little fingernails could grow so fast?
- and are so hard to clip?
- baby carriers were so heavy?
- the box of "Thank You" cards would still be sitting on the table, waiting to be put away, after a week and a half?
- there could be three usable burp cloths around the house somewhere, but when you need one, you can't find one?
- you could keep one eye on the preacher and one on the cell phone at the same time?
- I could score tests and feed my baby at the same time?
- bags I brought home from the hospital with me are still waiting to be unpacked and put away?
- I only really need one arm to do anything? (imagine how much more I'll be able to get done when I have two again!)


I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

2 comments:

Secore said...

I never knew your were so funny!

Rebekah said...

The picture with Logan and his dad is cute. Logan is sooooo!
♥Rebekah♥